I have spent nearly 15 years working with words in a variety of roles including sales proposals, case studies, white papers, newsletters and lead generation campaigns. My passion lies in finding just the right words to help each organization tell its story as succinctly as possible. The right choice of words can convey strategy, values and solutions to internal and external audiences. Pretty powerful stuff, right?
My experiences have taken me to small, entrepeneural companies and large, publicly-traded companies. Each of these companies had a story to tell, and a lot of different ways they needed that story told. Sometimes it was a creative campaign to generate leads, and other times it was the technical documentation of product specs. By using professional writers for both of these extremes, the companies were able to tell their stories to their prospects and to their internal staff responsible for delivering to those same clients.
Organizations invest a lot of time and money in hiring professionals to manage their accounts, lead their sales efforts and develop new products. By using professional writing services, they can keep these resources focused on securing and serving clients and add punch to their written words.
Sales Literature Development
Webinar Development and
2010 - present
2010 - present
Employer Marketing, Healthways
2008 - 2012
• Management of webinar series. Identified and confirmed speakers, developed talking points and support materials, implemented and managed promotional campaigns, developed reporting and feedback for sales.
• Management of lead generation campaigns for employers (private and government). Developed content, call to action and follow up plan for sales. Worked with sales to identify key targets and develop mailing lists. Targeted government employers to grow new line of business. Converted approximately 15% of new targets to leads.
• Development of sensitive client communication letters for account management. Worked with account team to identify cause of client dis-satisfaction. Worked with internal Subject Matter Experts to describe root cause, steps taken to accommodate client and members, and changes to the system. Worked on quick turnaround to preserve client relationship.
• Implementation and management of annual client focus group meetings. Developed theme, agenda, scripting for emcees and promotional plan. Secured internal and external speakers. Worked with account management team to identify invitees and develop talking points to support email promotions. Oversaw growth of event to represent nearly 50% of employer revenue.
• Management of conference planning process. Identified and evaluated targeted conferences each year. Identified and secured speakers based on conference audience. Created list of target contacts, with summary information from sales and account management. Developed and implemented system for conference metrics and reporting quarterly to the Employer Market Leadership Team.
• Management of Proposal Development team. Managed proposal development team, which achieved finalist rate near 75% of target customers as revenue increased by more than 1000% over seven years.
• Manual Development. Wrote and maintained Employee Handbook, standardized and revised Standard Operating Procedure Manuals for 10+ onsite fitness and physical rehabilitation clinics, developed Manager’s Manual for internal people managers.
• Bid Development. Developed bids to accompany proposals and upsell opportunities, including internal solutions and sub-contracted solutions.
• Project Management and Strategic Planning. Assumed Project Management responsibility for long-term strategic planning process. Developed timelines and ongoing reports to monitor progress. Reported directly to company Principal.
• Engagement campaign development. Developed copy for 18-piece engagement campaign designed to encourage participation in client programs. Worked with operations, sales and designer to create engaging campaign to use in sales and account management, creating additional revenue channel. Increased sales and implementation covered development investment within 6 months. Campaign provided foundation for expanded engagement campaigns through future acquisitions.
Communications Director, Harris HealthTrends, Inc.
1998 - 2008
My work has been recognized by the Association for Women in Communications, earning a number of Crystal Awards for me and my employers. Newsletters, internal communications and consumer campaigns are some of the work that earned multiple awards.
While a Toledo Rocket, I finally decided to follow my passion and pursue a career as writer. After a brief and unfulfilling stint as a science major, I changed course and focused my studies on writing and journalism.
Association for Women in Communications
University of Toledo
Bachelor of Arts in English and Communications
Communications Director, Healthways
2006 - 2008
• Integration of Proposal Management team. Led proposal management team through acquisition by Healthways. Worked with existing Healthways proposal management team to integrate and consolidate staffing, procedures, databases, etc.
Communications Director, Axia Health Management
2005 - 2006
• Integration of Proposal Management team. Led proposal management team through acquisition by Axia Health Management. Developed, proposed and implemented plan to consolidate all proposal development from 5 divisions into my team.